Nowadays, it is impossible to be completely disconnected from technology. We take our smartphones and tablets everywhere we go and make sure they are always within reach at all times. It is no wonder that there is a high probability that our devices will get damaged and infected with all sorts of germs. Sure, taking measures to protect and clean your smartphone or tablet takes some time and costs a few dollars. But keeping them protected and clean is worth it as they are such an important part of our daily lives. Below are some easy and inexpensive ways to keep your phone or tablet safe and clean.
Protecting Your Devices
1. Invest in a protective case. During the life of your device, there will be instances where it will fall. There are a variety of cases available for all sizes of devices including color and pattern choices as well as silicone or plastic. Be sure to select the case that fits your budget and offers the level of protection you need for your device.
2. Get a screen protector. With your smartphone or tablet being used so much, the screen will get scratched. Even if you’re careful, tiny particles like grains of sand can scratch your screen. Screen protectors aren’t that expensive and are easy to put on.
3. Like other electronic devices, smartphones and tablets don’t do well with water. Even moisture from a shower is enough to damage your device. If you’re around water or moisture, take proactive measures to keep your device dry. Some easy solutions include not taking your phone into the bathroom when showering or try wrapping it in a towel.
Cleaning Your Devices
1. Before cleaning your device, be sure to turn the device off and remove the case and screen protector.
2. Be sure to only use a microfiber cloth and an approved, tech-safe cleaning solution.
3. Use compressed air to clean the ports of your device.
4. To avoid making your smartphone or tablet a breeding ground for germs or bacteria, don’t take your device into the bathroom, wipe your device down with a wipe after you use it and cover your nose when you sneeze as the germs can remain on your phone or tablet for up to 2 days!
Are you taking care of your smartphone or tablet? What measures have you done to keep them in good shape? Please share your tips below!
This information is brought to you by:
Dennis Smith, ABR, SRES, e-PRO, CDPE, Realtor® CalBRE# 00476662
Certified Distressed Property Agent
Sunshine Smith, SFR, Realtor® CalBRE# 01249837
Short Sale, Foreclosure Resource Certified
760-436-0087 or cell at 760-212-8225
Providing quality Real Estate services in the North Coastal San Diego area including Del Mar, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Cardiff by the Sea, Encinitas, Leucadia, Olivenhain, Carlsbad, La Costa, Aviara, Oceanside, Vista, San Marcos, San Elijo Hills, Escondido; all San Diego County.
View my Facebook pages at:
For more local activities than what you see on the Events Calendars, go to: www.tinyurl.com/365EncinitasActivities
Oh, By the Way…whenever you come across people who are thinking about buying or selling a home and would appreciate the same level of service we provide to you, please forward their name and telephone number to us. We will gladly follow up and offer them the high-quality service they deserve . . . The Best!
We’re never too busy for a referral from you.
See all San Diego area houses & condos on the web, 24 hours a day.
See a Real Estate sign; find the price & other information at: www.SanDiegoHomes4u.com